Group Visit Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I receive a group rate?
- What is the minimum number of participants required for a group visit? The maximum?
- What happens if my group comes without a reservation?
- How much does it cost for a group visit?
- What do I have to do to guarantee my space?
- What programs are available to my group?
- How do I make reservations?
- When is the balance due?
How do I receive a group rate?
- Organized groups are encouraged to make reservations in order to receive a “group rate.” Advanced reservations are the only way to enjoy the $8.50 per person discounted rate. Groups without reservations pay regular admission.
What is the minimum number of participants required for a group visit?
- The minimum number of participants is 15.
- One adult is required for every seven children.
What happens if my group comes without a reservation?
- Unplanned group visits are welcome but will be charged regular admission.
How much does it cost for a group visit?
- Admission fee is $8.50 per person.
What do I have to do to guarantee my space?
- A $50 deposit is required within two weeks of your group visit registration to guarantee space and availability. This deposit will be credited toward the total admission fees due.
How do I make reservations?
- Call 803 400 1151 to schedule your group visit. Please allow three working days for your voicemail to be returned.
- OR – Schedule your group visit online.
- Once your group visit has been confirmed via email or mail, you are responsible for confirming the number of guests 48 hours prior to arrival. If you do not confirm the number of participants with EdVenture, the party is responsible for paying for all reserved spots, regardless of actual attendance. Call 803 400 1151 to leave a message with confirmed attendance.
When is the balance due?
- The balance must be paid on the day of your visit.
How will I receive confirmation for my visit?
- You will receive confirmation of your visit in the mail and/or by email. It will include your reservation number.
What is your cancellation policy?
- There will be a $50 fee for all cancellations made less than 15 days before your scheduled visit.
- If your museum trip is cancelled due to the official closing of schools, you will be able to reschedule your trip for another time.
What payment methods are accepted?
- Payment can be made by check, Visa or MasterCard. Purchase orders will be accepted as a form of deposit if written for the full balance due.
What are your drop-off/pickup policies?
- Enter as a group to the right of the main museum entrance.
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes early in order to meet with a museum staff member. If your group arrives more than 15 minutes late, part of your experience will be eliminated.
- Groups are to be picked up at the museum’s main entrance at the front of the building.
Where can we eat lunch?
EdVenture has a new, healthy choice menu provided by our own in-house restaurant called The Green Fork Café. No outside lunches are allowed in the museum. Group lunches must be ordered 7 days in advance by contacting EdVenture at 803 400 1151.
The menu choices are as follows:
- Child's Menu: ($5.50 per child) Grilled Chicken in a whole wheat pita pocket, served with apple wedges OR Ham or Turkey on whole wheat bread, served with apple wedges.
- Adult Menu: ($6.75 per adult) Grilled Chicken in a whole wheat pita pocket, served with baked chips OR green salad with grilled chicken, served with wheat crackers. Choose from ranch, Caesar, fat-free Italian, or balsamic vinegarette dressings.
- All meals served with bottled water.
How do I order meals for the group visit?
- Meals must be ordered and reserved 7 days in advance of your visit. Orders can be changed up to three days prior to your visit. Open and print the Lunch Order Form (PDF) here. To order by phone please call 803 400 1151.
- Don’t forget to include adult meals when you order the kids meals.
- Be prepared to pay for all pre-ordered lunches, including those of sick/absent children.
What are EDDIE Activity Cups?
- Would you like each child to bring a little bit of EdVenture home with them? EDDIE Activity Cups are plastic, color change cups that are available to purchase at a cost of $3 for each child. These cool cups change color with cold liquids, and are filled with great souvenirs from EdCetera®, the EdVenture store.