Experience the joy of learning and discovery at EdVenture Children’s Museum! A hands-on experience, EdVenture provides children, families, and teachers with the opportunity to immerse themselves in dynamic, diverse exhibits, programs, events and more.
Oh, the things you’ll see!
- Unparalleled 92,000 square feet of turbo-charged learning and fun — the biggest children’s museum in the South.
- Designed for children 12 and younger; perfect for families, teachers, caregivers, and the child in you.
- Eight spectacular galleries
- EdCetera®, The Museum Store
- Classrooms and Laboratories
- Oh, yeah, and the world’s largest child
Where is the museum?
EdVenture makes its home at 211 Gervais Street, and shares its campus with the South Carolina State Museum, within the booming arts-centered area of downtown Columbia known as The Congaree Vista.
Food and Snacks
EdVenture has a tasty menu provided by our in-house restaurant, The Canalfront Café. No outside lunches are allowed in the museum.
Canalfront Café Hours and Provisions:
9am-11am - Serving coffee, drinks and small breakfast foods
11am-3pm - Serving lunch, drinks and snacks
3pm-5pm - Serving snacks and drinks ONLY
12pm-5pm - Serving lunch, drinks, and snacks
Click here to view the Canalfront Café menu
* The Canalfront cafe will be closed beginning November 25 and will re-open December 1 under new management proudly serving Chick-fil-A.
Special Needs Children
EdVenture accommodates all visitors regardless of ability. We provide barrier-free exhibits and wheelchair accessible elevators and bathrooms. Groups with special needs students are also welcomed.
Monday – Saturday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday: Noon – 5 p.m.
Closed Mondays from Labor Day through Memorial Day unless otherwise advertised.
Children and Adults: $11.50
Seniors: (age 62+) $10.50
Military: (with ID) $10.50
Educator: (with ID) $10.50
Groups: (15+ w/RSVP) $8.50
Children under two: Free
Get discount admissions to Columbia attractions with CoolPass. Click here for details.