When EdVenture chefs are not teaching families, professionals and children in the museum, they are are showcasing their culinary chops in the community.
Cooking Lab Outreach
EdVenture's culinary chefs teach at sites across the community during the school year. The seven sites served in 2016-17 were: Greenview Park, Hammond Village, Hopkins Middle School, Hyatt Park, Latimer Manor, Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church and Woodlawn Park.
In partnership with Arc of South Carolina, this program is geared toward young adults with disabilities who learn culinary skills, nutrition, as well as everyday living skills.
As an arm of Everyday Living, Cooking EdVentures develops cooking-show style webisodes in partnership with Arc of South Carolina. The quarterly, youth-led cooking videos nurture the joy of cooking.
- Cooking EdVentures: Episode 1 from John Allen Media on Vimeo.
- Cooking EdVentures: Episode 2 with Reggie Sanders from John Allen Media on Vimeo.
- Cooking EdVentures: Episode 3 with Marcus Lattimore
- Cooking EdVentures: Episode 4 with Tameika Issac Devine
- Cooking EdVentures: Episode 5 with Candance Morgan
Read It & Eat It
These culinary classes incorporate literacy into cooking and are offered to underserved communities across the midlands.
EdVenture Eats community involvement is supported by:
Proud Grant Recipient: Maximus Foundation