At EdVenture, we know that families are struggling to navigate a challenging and ever-changing virtual learning environment. We are committed to supporting families by facilitating full time virtual and distanced learning and enhancing this experience with hands-on play and small group interaction with Eddie’s Study Studio.
Eddie's Study Studio will:
- Support student learning by ensuring full participation in virtual/remote learning.
- Provide a clean and safe classroom environment for learning.
- Engage students in supplemental learning experiences with EdVenture’s education team.
Frequently Asked Questions
Eddie's Study Studio is for children in Kindergarten – 5th grades. All students must be enrolled in their school’s Temporary Remote Option in order to participate.
Instruction will be available Monday – Friday from 8:30am -2:30pm to families throughout the midlands. Complimentary early drop off will begin at 7:15am and after-school care will be available from 3pm-6pm. Advanced registration is required.
What to bring?
- Laptop or Chromebook device and charger for remote learning* (caregivers will need to supply usernames and passwords for eLearning sites)
- Headset or headphones with microphone
- Nut-free, non-perishable lunch and snacks
- Refillable water bottle
- Face coverings are required
- Dedicated learning space with internet connection and outlets for each child.
- Supervision of remote learning ensuring that students are connecting with their Virtual Learning educator during required times and completing assignments. EdVenture educators will provide immediate assistance when needed and relay information to caregivers regarding schoolwork.
- Individual school supplies and craft materials for special projects.
Registration and Tuition
- For staffing purposes, families must register for classes at least one week in advance.
- School Day Tuition is $195 per week.
- After School Care (3-6pm) is available at $100 per week. After School Care includes homework assistance and educator led enrichment activities.
- You must accept the Eddie's Study Studio Terms and Conditions Terms and Conditions and fill out the Child's Health Form for your child to participate. The form can be submitted to Eddie's Study Studio Manager at .
COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
To protect our guests and staff, the following policies and procedures will be followed at Eddie's Study Studio:
- Temperatures of students and staff will be taken daily upon arrival.
- Students will remain in the Eddie's Study Studio classroom. Students will not interact with other EdVenture visitors in the museum.
- All students and staff will wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer on arrival.
- Masks are required for all guests, students, and staff ages three and above.
- All students will have a desk to themselves, with a maintained distance of six feet or more between all students.
- All students will have designated supplies and no sharing will be allowed.
Sick Children and Household Members:
Sick children should stay home. If your child has a fever over 100 degrees or has diarrhea for any reason, they should stay home and notify Eddie's Study Studio Manager immediately. Children with a fever or diarrhea are required to stay home for 48 hours and return with a doctor’s note OR stay home for 10 days. Your child will be excluded from Eddie's Study Studio under our normal policies and if they have ONE of the following:
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
Or any TWO of the following:
- Sore throat
- Muscle Aches
- New or worsening cough
Should your child become sick at Eddie's Study Studio, we will notify you, and you are expected to pick your child up immediately. If no other illness can be diagnosed, you may be asked to get a COVID test that is a non-rapid molecular test and quarantine for a minimum of fourteen days.
If you have been exposed to COVID you must quarantine for two weeks from the last date of exposure.
If you or someone in your household has been tested for COVID or you think you may have COVID, your child must stay home until a negative test result is received. Please notify the Eddie's Study Studio Manager of your test immediately. If you or someone in your household has been exposed.
If an enrolled student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19 we will close for up to 3 days for disinfecting.
If an enrolled child or staff member or a person residing in the same home with an enrolled child or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, we will require that the enrolled child or staff member does not attend programming for at least 14 days and can return with a doctor’s note that expresses that they are allowed to be in a group setting. Families will receive a program credit for any days missed due to illness.