Add EdVenture’s signature programming to your at-home curriculum! Once a month, we offer informal, experiential, virtual Zoom education specialized for homeschool students. Perfect for ages 4-10, this programming gives your student a chance to experience EdVenture in a whole new way!
Virtual homeschool lessons inspire and engage students through 30-minute programs that include an educator facilitated lesson with interesting visuals, demonstrations, and extension activities.
Virtual homeschool programs require the access to ZOOM through a laptop/computer. Make sure speakers are enabled to ensure students can hear the presenting educator.
Cost: $15 per household (Members receive a 10% discount.)
When: The 3rd Friday of each month, February-May
Ages: 4-10 years old
Things to Know the Day of Your Virtual Lesson
Technology Set Up – Important!
- We recommend setting up the needed technology a half hour before the scheduled start time.
- Set up the computer and enter the zoom invite found in your confirmation email.
- Make sure your group will be able to see the facilitating educator AND that the educator can see the group.
- Make sure audio is sufficient for all students to hear the educator presenting.
- Check your confirmation email for extension ideas and any materials that need to be gathered before the Virtual Field Trip begins.
- Make enough copies of the extension activity for all participating students.
Photo & Video Release
- Please know that the program may be recorded for training and marketing purposes. If this is an issue for anyone in your group please contact the Museum prior to your lesson.
Monthly Themes & Registration
Friday, February 19, 2021
“Let’s put knowledge into motion as we explore how things move and the forces that keep our active world going! Students will construct their own motion machines and put Newton’s Laws to the test! Start your engines and get ready to learn!”
Friday, March 19, 2021
“Matter makes up everything around us, the ground, the air… even you! We’ll discover the mysteries of atoms and how different forms of matter react to heat and cold. Explore the many phases of matter and how it changes with our educators as we experiment together!"
Friday, April 16, 2021
“Grab your umbrellas and wade through the wonderful world of weather! We’ll learn how weather develops, the different types, and how to stay safe when it gets stormy! Budding meteorologists will experiment at home as they learn about seasons and climate.
Friday, May 21, 2021
“Discover the magic of magnets in this mesmerizing class! Learn about how magnets form, why they work, and how we use them in everyday life. We’ll make things attract, repel... and even float using the power of magnets!”
For questions, please: