At EdVenture, inspiring children with the wish to learn is at the core of all we do. We believe every child deserves the opportunity to experience that moment when the spark of curiosity ignites or the window to new possibilities opens.
For every child we welcome through our doors, there are thousands who will never have that opportunity.
We are working to change this, but we need your help.
Yes, Every Child is an initiative to provide access to educational programming for underserved children and families through targeted community outreach and reduced museum admission. As a partners of Museums for All and the Institute of Museum and Library Services, EdVenture follows their access program guidelines for our own Yes, Every Child assistance program:
For those receiving South Carolina income-based food assistance benefits of SNAP, TANF, or WIC, admission will be reduced to $3.00 per visitor. In order to receive this reduced admission cost, recipients MUST show a proof of benefits letter and South Carolina issued ID.
Regardless of cultural, ethnic, geographic, or socio-economic barriers, we believe that every child should have the opportunity to participate in and grow from the unique educational experiences of EdVenture.
Our vision to create the next generation of lifelong learners was developed with all children in mind. Contributions to Yes, Every Child support a multitude of initiatives designed to provide underserved children and families with greater access to EdVenture. Examples include:
- Families who receive SNAP/TANF/WIC benefits receive $3 admission per person. (Up to 6 people)
- EdVenture's Community Partners Program allows youth-serving organizations in Richland and Lexington to provide discounted access for small groups and families.
- EdVenture-To-Go makes museum programs mobile for rural communities across the state.
- Support for the translation of educational materials allows bilingual educators to take the EdVenture experience to Hispanic and Latino communities.
- Through various health programs addressing health disparities among low-income families, EdVenture serves as a catalyst for building strong communities.
Edward B. Timmons, Jr. Charitable Trust
C. G. Fuller Foundation